Friday, April 7, 2017

Irontom with Zachary Kibbee and The Shakers at The Satellite

A new month means new residencies. First stop this month was The Satellite. Zachary Kibbee hit the stage first for me. His blues style music was backed with bandmates. Quote of the set, "These guys are pretty good. If it weren't for them, I'd just be playing the guitar like an asshole." Of note, towards the end of the set, the bandmates lit up some cigerattes.

Irontom is the April residency band. I saw them a few years ago at the Silverlake Lounge. The lead singer is just as wild as I remembered. He moves his body in a jagged manner. He also loved to rub his chest and then went out to grasp hands in the audience. I was thinking, "Hmm, body odor?" Ha, never mind those moment, it was a great set.

The Shakers are a band I saw at least a couple times a year, but some time has passed since I last saw them. Lead singer and friend Jodie is no longer with the band. The band has re-grouped with a new lead singer. Many of the songs are the same, but it was interesting to see the new take on the vocals. Got to say, loved it when the lead singer swung that hair.

The Satellite Apr 17

No comments: