Thursday, April 7, 2016

Korey Dane with Buckaroo and Maxim Ludwig at The Echo

Korey Dane
The Echo had some greats acts this past Monday night. Opening was a band called Buckaroo. They seem to have an interesting situation. I took a look at their Facebook and Twitter pages. It looks like they started up in 2012 and played through 2013. Then they shut down in 2014 before re-booting in mid 2015. Interesting. They have a songbird sound with surprising vocal highs sprinkled around randomly. The set was opened with the lead singer saying, "It's like we're just playing in front of all my friends tonight." The band must have mumbled something, because she corrected herself, "It's like we're playing in front of all our friends."

The middle band of the night is a band I've followed off and on for a number of years, Maxim Ludwig. I couldn't help, but notice how well dressed the keyboardist was. Then there is lead singer Maxim Ludwig who, I believe, had a love affair with his mic stand throughout his set. Comment of the set, "This is a song. I mean they're all songs, but this IS a song. It is about when I got thrown out from across the street."

Korey Dane is the April residency band at The Echo. His music sweeps you across desert landscapes. I say that because a couple of the music videos that I watched are filmed in the desert. One video has him looking like he has a personality that is willing to piss someone off and maybe even get into a shoving mess. On stage, he definitely did not give off that attitude. Instead, there was a thoughtful desert soul on stage.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: