Sunday, April 3, 2016

Hinds and The Garden at The Glass House (with Wu-Wu and Cotillon)

Hinds
I occasionally do some photography for Culture Collide. I noticed that they were meeting up with Hinds. I got intrigued and got a photography pass for their set at The Glass House. They have a lo-fi sound that thrilled the crowd. When they walked on stage, the band's joy was evident and infectious. As for the band, it appears they all have their unique personalities. One seemed introverted. One appeared to be the leader. Another had a very cheerful personality. Then there's the drummer who I couldn't help notice during The Garden's set was off to the side watching their whole set -- got to love a musician who supports another band that way.

The Garden closed out the night at The Glass House. I came to see Hinds, but I'm happy I got to catch The Garden. This is a two person band, twins. They were dressed as jesters, "You're the kings and queens of the night and we're the jesters here to entertain you." They got the crowd forming a mosh pit within seconds. And then I was stupid and left the photo pit one song too early. The drummer jumped from his drum set and then ran to the crowd for a stage dive. He didn't do this just once. He did this twice. What an awesome photo that would have been -- of course, my camera would have had to focus in time as he ran like he was on fire, which maybe he was.

Opening for Hinds and The Garden were Cotillon and Wu-Wu.

The Glass House: The last time I was at The Glass House was probably sometime around 2006/2007. I loved the venue. Also, the area around The Glass House looks like a nice little space to explore.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: