Monday, February 22, 2016

Lena Fayre with Yassou and Me Yow at the Bootleg Theater

Lena Fayre
It was off to the Bootleg Theater to catch Lena Fayre along with Yassou and Me Yow.

Does Me Yow even have a Facebook page? I couldn't find one. What did I notice? Four young guys who were well supported by (I'm assuming) family members. As they took to the stage, a group of five individuals from young to old walked into the Theater, dressed to the 9s in tuxedos and formal dresses. I couldn't help but think that the family members had just left a classical concert to catch their relatives play a rock show.

Yassou came in from San Francisco. I didn't know that until I went to their Facebook page. When they went on stage they mentioned, "There are some really good pupusas in this area." I couldn't figure out why they'd mention that as those are widely available throughout Los Angeles. Then I learned they came in from San Francisco; but then, doesn't San Francisco have great restaurants? Having hung out in SF for 4 months a couple years ago, I can say they have some great restaurants. Oh well. Yassou's music has a dark glory to it, a pressing moodiness.

Lena Fayre is the residency artist for February. Her friends came in with chocolate covered strawberries. Thumbs up. I had one. Very tasty. What did I notice? Both Lena Fayre and Lilie Bytheway Hoy (Yassou) both wore white outfits. I wonder if that was pre-planned? Probably not. Both looked stylish. Lena Fayre took the stage with earnest sounds that provided a unique blend of Asian, soul and experimental.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: