Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Randomly Running into People

So the last month was spent randomly running into people I know or recognize.

First up: I was having lunch at Home (a restaurant). Now it just so happened that this was the 4th choice by my friends and me. It so happened that other restaurants were closed. We were near the end of our meal. I looked through a window, into the restaurant's patio. And there was a friend I hadn't seen in 2 years. I rushed out to say hello and congratulate her on her engagement.

Second up: I mentioned this in a previous blog. I was off to see a friend who was doing some storytelling. I was early so I stopped in at a record store. And there was a friend. Wow.

Third up: At the storytelling, there were perhaps 20 folks in the audience. I immediately recognized someone. I don't know her, but I definitely knew who she was and I'm pretty sure she recognized me.

Finally: I was out doing some photography for Pasadena. I asked a couple if I could take their picture. The lady said, "Sure, but I have to ask you a question first. Where have I seen you?" Well, we both did photography at Make Music Pasadena and Brokechella.

Now what are the chances of all that happening in Los Angeles and the surrounding area. Probably pretty high. A big city and yet so small. Admittedly, the negative part of me has to ask: are we just all creatures of habit and those of us with similar interests are just bound to run into each other on a regular basis? Maybe that's not negative at all, but a sign that we are all tied together somehow.

No comments: