Monday, August 3, 2015

A Fun Weekend: July 25/26

Sometimes you just have a fun weekend -- or maybe call them a bit productive and fun weekend.

So a recent weekend went as follows:

Hanging out at Hotel Cafe to catch a friend in his new band. And at the same time, seeing another band where the drummer used to play in a band that I used to follow called The Child. Now that's cool.

Hanging out at Stories LA Books & Cafe to see my friend do some storytelling on traveling around Los Angeles without a car. Now my friend told a cool story, but what really stood out for me was Lauren Brown. I swear her storytelling was like watching an episode of Girls.

And here's what is very unique about the weekend. Back to Hotel Cafe and my friend. That was Saturday night. On Sunday I went to Stories LA Books & Cafe. I got there a little early so I decided to hang out at Origami Vinyl for a few minutes. I flip through some records. I decide it is time to head over to the bookstore. I turn around and who do I see? My band friend. Los Angeles is large and small at the same time.

In regards to Stories LA Books & Cafe. This bookstore is on Sunset Blvd, close to The Echo. I nearly always park on Glendale Blvd when I'm heading off to this part of Sunset Bvld. and then take a staircase up to Sunset. Why does this staircase always smell like piss? I swear I never see anyone lingering on this staircase. I just see folks heading up and down it. Is there a single person out there who has decided to make this staircase his/her urine stop?

My weekend wasn't all about going out to hang with friends.

I finished up a Michael Connelly book called The Black Box.

I started my binge watching of Wayward Pines.

I spend my normal Sunday morning at the Hollywood Farmers Market.




No comments: