Sunday, August 23, 2015

Another 2015 Weekend: 8/21 - 8/23

After last weekend when I didn't even want to walk outside due to the Los Angeles heatwave, this weekend had great weather though I'm not sure I totally utilized it.

Saturday was spent with friends. A group of us went out for lunch at Mexico City in Los Feliz. Now I'm a vegetarian and so my food selections are limited. The last time I headed off to Mexico City I got a vegetarian burrito, which I thought was awful so I was very hesitant to head out to Mexico City again. My friends, though, argued I should come with them. This time I got the vegetarian tostada, which was better than the burrito but nothing great. A ton of salt and pepper made it eatable.

Then later that night it was outdoor movie night in Glendale. A slightly smaller group, though largely the same individuals, headed off to catch Weird Science. Hmm, I think most of us concluded that the test of time is not kind to this '80s movie.

Sunday. Ugh. A quick run to the Farmers Market and then it was just downhill from there. It was off to work. I figured I'd be there for about 5 hours. Instead, it ended up being a 9 hour day. Ouch.


No comments: