Wednesday, March 25, 2015

LANY and Conway at The Satellite

It was off to The Satellite for my standard Monday night rotation.  And what did I find, LANY!!!  On the rare occasion, I find myself immediately saying, "I'm seeing the next breakout band."  All LANY had to do was play a few chords and I was sold.  I wasn't the only one.  When I walked into The Satellite, the place was packed.  I had to squeeze my way to the front so I could take my photos.  There was a group at the front of the stage who appeared to know every word of every song, which always adds to the thrill of catching a band for the first time.  Why did I fall for this band so quickly?  I loved their subdued dance beats.  I loved the fact that the vocals blend so wonderfully with the music.  I wonder if someone took a music composition course and by the end was teaching the class.

Conway (photo to the left) is the residency band at The Satellite for March.  I always go back to the same thing when writing about Conway:  how many hours a day does she exercise?  I just don't know how someone can keep that level of stage energy throughout a 30 minute set.  I am in awe.  My one desire regarding Conway:  she moves so quickly across the stage, I want to capture the perfect shot of her doing one of her karate kicks.  Her vocals go for that spoken word slam contest.  There is a precision in every breath.  

Comment of the set:  Thank you for spending your time here tonight, because time is something you never get back.

Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: