Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Barb Wire Dolls at Whisky a Go Go

Seriously?!? I looked at my blog posts. It's been 4 years since I last saw Barb Wire Dolls. Ouch!!! Time flies too quickly.  Also, I think it has been close to a year since I was last on the Sunset Strip.

I really became a fan of Barb Wire Dolls when (I guess it was 4 years back) one of the the band members came up to me and showed me a photo.  He said something like this, "I know you've taken photos of us in the past.  We're trying to track down who took this photo, because we want to make sure we give credit."  I actually hadn't taken that specific photo, but I really loved the fact that they were going out of their way to credit the photographer who had taken that photo.

Back to Whisky a Go Go.  I do believe Isis Queen suffered a few seconds of microphone problems, but as soon as that got resolved she was shaking down the Whisky a Go Go with her punk powered vocals.  I have to say I just love how she roams the stage like a lioness and at times tantalizing folks lining the stage with her sexual flirts.

T-shirt message:  Make Riot Not War.

Mickey Leigh joined in for a song.

The photogs were out in mass.  I think there were at least 5 of us.

A dude in the audience brought in a guitar and was playing along with the band throughout the set.

The door guy was cool.  He took extra care while searching my camera bag, making sure he didn't accidentally damage my camera.  Thank you much for the careful search.

What I wished I'd heard from Isis Queen.  So there wasn't much talking, mostly singing, but . . . hey, they're from Greece.  Greece is popping back into the news.  I wouldn't have minded hearing a couple sentences worth of commentary on Greece.  Why not?


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: