Monday, March 9, 2015

Duke Basketball vs. Carolina: 84 - 77

This game wasn't as nail biting as the first Duke-Carolina meeting, but that's a good thing.  In their first meeting, I complained that I felt that Duke disappeared for half the game.  Even though at one point Duke fell behind 42 - 49, it didn't seem like it was due to Duke disappearing.  It just felt like Carolina was playing better basketball.  I liked the fact that Duke played 40 minutes of solid basketball.  In doing so, they put Carolina way.

As for defense, I thought there were a handful of defensive letdowns, but over-all the team played solid defense.

Noticed 1:  Justise Winslow did a nice karate kick into a Carolina player.  I'm not sure if it was done on purpose.  It seemed to me his eyes were looking straight at the rim.  Of course, a foul was appropriate.  He also tripped another Carolina player.  That one, I suspect was just normal contact as they were tangled up.

Noticed 2:  With three Duke starters on the bench in the second half, the reserves took it up a notch.  I liked that.

Noticed 3:  Duke defense forced a ten second call.

Noticed 4:  After Winslow's first flagrant foul, he turned it on offensively for a three pointer, a steal and a dunk.

Noticed 5:  Four of Duke's five starters can take over the game at any point in time.  Awesome.



 

No comments: