Sunday, August 3, 2014

An interesting Saturday, 8/2/2014

The previous Saturday (7/26) I went to the Toyota dealership to get a tune-up on my Prius.  I remembered at the last moment that there was a recall on my Prius.  The guy I was working with said to just come in early the following Saturday.

I arrived a little after 8 a.m.  The guy I talked to was really helpful.  He told me I'd get my car back shortly -- as agreed to previously.  About an hour later he came over and said, "I have bad news.  This was a major recall.  We need your vehicle until 1 p.m."  I replied, "I'm supposed to meet with friends at 11 a.m.  You said this would be a quick turn around.  I need my car back.  I'll just bring it back next Saturday."  He said, "How about Monday?"  I said, "I work."  He replied, "We'll give you a free rental from Enterprise."  I replied, "Sounds good."  He said, "Okay, we'll bring your car out."

I stood outside waiting for my car for perhaps 20 minutes.  I was like, somethings not right.  I go back to the guy and he immediately tells me, "I couldn't leave it like that.  I have two guys working on your car right now.  We'll have it done by 11 a.m."

That was really cool; however, he could have mentioned this change of plans to me.  Communication.

I got my car back at 10:50 a.m.  Not bad.  I rushed off and hung out with my friends (who were in from Thailand and are planning on heading back on Tuesday; therefore, the reason why I wasn't willing to wait around until 1 p.m. as there is only so much time on their schedule).  We had lunch at Palms and then had ice cream at Scoops.  It was a blast.  They had dinner plans with friends in West Hollywood and I had plans with friends to see Blazing Saddles outdoors at the Autry Museum put on by Eat See Hear.

The night started out well.  Kera and the Lesbians (a local band I've seen two or three times) played at 7:30 p.m.  The movie then started at 8:30 p.m.  This is when it started to get interesting.  Around 9:00 p.m.-ish, a series of water sprinklers turned on.  My friends and I were within a few yards of it.  Various individuals up and down the lawn took action and pushed the sprinkler heads back down.  Of course, this didn't prevent water from flooding the area.  It just prevented a bunch of folks from getting drenched.  This disruption probably cost us 10 minutes of the movie as a number of us had to eventually move to other areas of the lawn.

Then a little later we started to feel the occasional drops of rain (in August and in LA?!?).  The occasional drops soon turned into a steady light rain.  With about 5 minutes left in the movie, Eat See Hear had to stop the film.

And so ended an interesting Saturday in Los Angeles.    


No comments: