Saturday, February 22, 2014

Random Los Angeles Observation: Los Feliz Blvd

I've been taking Los Feliz Blvd to work lately.  Here's what always confuses me just a bit.  There are nearly always 2 or 3 cars parked on the side of the road during morning rush hour.  From 7 - 10 a.m., all cars are supposed to be moved or get towed.  Now, I can get that every so often there is the random owner who over-sleeps, but why nearly every day.  Do folks just like getting traffic tickets?  Of course, not.  I've actually never seen a car get towed, which is supposed to happen, but I have seen the traffic cop out and about.  I know folks don't like to just hand money over to the City of Los Angeles so are folks just always over-sleeping?

To me, this is totally different than someone running out of time on a meter or parking somewhere and not understanding the multiple street signs around a favorite restaurant.  Los Feliz Blvd is mainly a residential street -- even though it is a very busy one.  Folks there should understand the rules of living on that street.  And you'd think if someone has a guest that they'd kindly tell their guest what the situation is.  

No comments: