Saturday, January 11, 2014

Money and sandwich bags

One of my quickly thought up New Year's resolutions was to properly use my money.

I was thinking about how to do that.

I am someone who nearly always brings a lunch to work.  I'm a sandwich guy.  Now this is an activity that already saves an individual money.  So how can I squeeze out a few more pennies of savings.  Hmm . . . I've decided to do something perhaps interesting, perhaps disgusting.

I am going to re-use my sandwich bags 2-3 times.  I will, of course, wash them before reuse.  Now one article I read on the topic broke down the costs of putting the bags in a dishwasher.  In this situation, it just didn't pan out financially.  I personally don't know why one can't simply hand wash the bags, using a touch of dish soap.  Honestly, it isn't like this is going to save me a lot of money.  Maybe $5 bucks a year -- cost of buying a new box of bags.  The touch of dish soap is minimal as this cleaning activity can just be combined with my normal washing of my dishes.

      

No comments: