Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Santa Anita Park, Sunday April 14

It was back to the track to see if my luck would continue from Thursday.

Not so much.  I didn't get killed, but the situation was up and down.  On Thursday, I often had a winning bet on a race.  This time around, I hit it big a couple times, but then went into a serious drought the other times.

I did work out a method to my madness of using the Racing Daily Form:  1.)  look at speed of race at a similar distance for a horse; 2.) see how often the horse has run at such a distance (especially for the hillside races); 3.) see if the horse likes to run up front or from behind 4.) see if the horse faded or improved during a race 5.) look at speed of race for a horse at a distance that is either a +/- 1/2 furlong versus the current race.

Taking a look at my betting pattern over the last couple days where I've used the Racing Daily Form while trying out my new more aggressive betting style, I learned that I'm not very good at picking exactas -- even if I box the bet.  Even though I like making such a bet, it might be best if I stop making that bet.  Each of the two days, I lost money on this bet while making up money in my win-place-show and daily double bets.

Even though I think I should stop making exacta bets, my greatest joy was in Race 6 when I bet Scat Patty/Goodtobewild in a box exacta and that's how it came out.  There was a thrill there.  Of course, that was the only exacta bet I won and so net-net I lost money on my exacta bets.  I suppose my worse bet of the day was also an exacta bet in the 3rd race where I boxed the two heavy favorites (Maker or Breaker/Egg Drop) and neither even came in show.

No comments: