Saturday, April 6, 2013

Gavin Turek at Bootleg Theater

Gavin Turek is the residency singer at Bootleg this month of April.  Every once in awhile I come across a band or a musician where time seems to fly past.  This was the case with Gavin Turek.  I was totally lost in the moment when she announced that it was her last song.  Now on the rare occasion there are bands or singers who will only do a 20 minute set. I figured she was in that category.  I looked down at my watch and was shocked that 30 minutes had passed.

Her electro music will have you dancing.  And she herself dances her mind off during the set.

Interesting note:  for one of the bands the whole audience seemed to be squeezed into one of the corners of the Bootleg.  I found it amusing, perhaps no one else will find that so.


No comments: