Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Top 10 New 2012 Bands/Musicans (new for me)

As with the last two years, my goal is to stick mainly to bands/musicians that I've at least seen twice (which could mean I saw them first in 2010 or 2011).  There are three cheats here.

Birds of a Black Feather means the return of Sarah Jeanette from The Mulhollands. Good news, Los Angeles.

Dum Dum Girls.  Nothing dum dum about the Dum Dum Girls.

Grace Woodroofe.  She's an Aussie who reminds America that we love Rock ‘n Roll.

Grimes set got cut short, because her fans went nuts.

GroupLove. Their song kept playing on the radio over and over again until I started get sick of it.  I guess I shouldn't say that about a band I'm saying is on my Top New list.  When I saw them at Make Music Pasadena, it represented the second time I saw this band.  They do give a show.

Lavinia Slaughter and Night Terrors of 1927 are new projects of Lauren White (lead for Lavinia Slaughter, keys for Night Terrors or 1927).  Need I say more?

NO is mesmerizing music.

Raw Geronimo.  I saw them throughout the year. I love the wildness of the lead singer.  Technically, I saw them twice in 2011 which should disqualify them from this list, but in 2011 I only saw partial sets.

Sky Ferreira.  I hope she makes it.  From what I read she's had some ups and downs.  I hope her an up year for 2013.

Zola Jesus.  She loves diving into the crowd.









No comments: