Friday, February 17, 2012

Milo Greene, Family of the Year and Handshakes at The Satellite

What a night at The Satellite. I had a suspicion that the place would be packed so I showed up earlier than normal and caught most of Handshakes' set. I am happy I did. Their name created an immediate fan base as a handful of people had fun giving each other handshakes throughout the set. Next up was Family of the Year, one of my favorite Los Angeles bands. They didn't disappoint though a friend did say she wasn't thrilled. I told her she was in the minority. To each his/her own. Milo Greene is the residency band this month. If you want to catch them, you better show up early as the place was packed. Well it should as Milo Green seems to be catching fire. I helped out a little during their set. While playing a drum, one of the band members had a drum stick fly out. We had a little eye contact. I picked up the stick and tossed it back. He grabbed it in mid-air and continued drumming along in rhythm. Yeah, me.

Handshakes


Family of the Year



Milo Greene

No comments: