Monday, January 18, 2016

The Controversy and Kid Bloom at The Satellite

The Controversy
As with every start to a new year, The Satellite had a series of free nights. It was a night that one could label as psychedelic -- I'm just stealing the genre descriptions of the two bands I saw. I went specifically to catch The Controversy. I've followed two of the members, Laura Vall and Thomas Hjorth, way before The Controversy. I came across Thomas Hjorth when he was playing with Dead Rose Beauty. I came across Laura Vall randomly when I got invited to see her play a set in the westside. Thomas has gone from punk rock to psychedelic while Laura Vall has gone from singer-songwriter to phsychedelic.

Opening up was Kid Bloom, playing some cool rhythms with vocals that smoothly fit in with the sounds.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: