Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The Aquadolls with Lily Waters and Precious Kid at The Smell

One band I haven't seen in a very long time are The Aquadolls. My notes seem to indicate the last time I saw them was at The Smell way back in 2012; however, I'm pretty sure I saw them at Pehrspace at a later date. Either way, Pehrspace has been shut down for awhile now so even then its been a long time since I've seen The Aquadolls. I did have the chance to see The Aquadolls at Echo Park Rising, but they were one of the last bands to play on Sunday night and I'd been covering Echo Park Rising all day Friday, Saturday and then hung out much of Sunday. So I honestly was too drained to catch them. So when I saw that they were playing at The Smell, I circled the night. It was awesome catching their punk rock set.

The Aquadolls
Moment of the set: one member of the band mentioned that her mother had bought her a cup of tea.

Lily Waters
Lily Waters and Precious Kid opened the night. I'm telling you, you're going to hear more from Lily Waters. Amazing. I wouldn't be surprised to see this band headlining a residency at The Echo, The Satellite or Bootleg Theater in a couple years. As for Precious Kid, maybe it was the Halloween costumes, but this band put on a theatrical show. The lead singer knows how to perfectly point with her fingers and she loved to drape herself on her mic stand. It was fun set.

Precious Kid



No comments: