Monday, October 30, 2017

Alyeska/Goon with Liv Slingerland at The Echo

It was off to The Echo to catch Alyeska. I've followed her for a little over a year and was so happy to hear that she was doing the residency at The Echo. I was familiar with all the musicians this night though most familiar with Alyeska. Liv Slingerland hit the stage first. I've seen her backing a number of musicians (Lauren Ruth Ward as well as Lucy and La Mer). I will admit I decided to head out this specific Alyeska night at The Echo to catch her set. I've always wanted to see what she brought when fronting her own band. She brought some deep vocals with an Americana sound.

Liv Slingerland

Goon is sharing the residency with Alyeska. I previously saw them at The Hi Hat when they were playing with Alyeska. Interesting how that all works. They brought their heavy, melodic sound to The Echo. I just really enjoyed their set. There is a joy to their sound.

Goon
Alyeska ended the night. There is this awesome youthful wisdom to her sound. And she approaches her set with a modest presence. To show how the night was filled with so many familiar faces, Wolf Woodcock who I also saw at The Hi Hat once, was a backing musician.

Alyeska

No comments: