Friday, September 1, 2017

Dead Dawn, ExSage and The Tissues at the Bootleg Theater

I'll be honest I wasn't planning on heading out to the Bootleg Theater on a Sunday night. The prior week, I'd done a whole lot of music: Echo Park Rising, a Monday night residency, catching Zealyn. I figured it was time to rest up a bit. But then Dead Dawn asked if I'd like to be on the press list for their Bootleg set. Well, I had to say yes to that one.

The Bootleg was holding a mini-festival, but I went out there later (needed to get some rest). First up for me was ExSage. Yeah, I love this band. I swear they played only a 15 minute set, but I was told by Kate, the lead singer, that they played a 25 minute set. Okay, so it felt like 15 minutes. It just went by too fast. The Tissues was a band I hadn't seen before. They brought the punk and the moves. Dead Dawn hit the stage last. Lead singer China brought the hard vocals and then at times shared a tender head rub with the bassist, Gabriel. This was the third time that I saw them play. I actually saw them briefly during Echo Park Rising. I was running around hitting a number of bands within a 45 minute period and I put them on my list for a 2 set photo opportunity.


Bootleg Aug 17

No comments: