Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Brian Hill and the Noh Starrs with Shane McKenzie and Janelane at the Bootleg Theater

Solid night out at the Bootleg Theater. Brian Hill and the Noh Starrs was finishing up their residency. It was fun running into Laena from Feels. She was one of the Noh Starrs. Fashion ruled the day for this band. My first through on Brian Hill's fashion for the night was that he was a figure ice skater who was winning some extra points via his vocals.

Janelane was the reason I went out to the Bootleg Theater on this specific night. I saw this band at Echo Park Rising and just knew I needed to take another listen. Those lyrics are filled with youthful pain around love and rejection.

Shane McKenzie opened up the night with what I can say was more art than music. When I walked in, I was in temporary confusion. He was already performing, but part of me was thinking that he was still setting things up. Then I realized that he was actually performing. So weird, so fun.

Bootleg Aug 17 Residency

No comments: