Sunday, August 7, 2016

Nico Yaryan with Healing Gems and Gregg Garvey at the Bootleg Theater

Nico Yaryan
Nico Yaryan is the August residency artist at the Bootleg Theater. This is a man with his keyboard. I felt there was a touch of Phil Collins there. His set had a mellow feel to it and the audience greatly appreciated it. I noticed he comes from Santa Cruz. A couple years back I spent a few weeks up there. A nice small coastal town.

Lyrics of the set: I'm a fool and I'll be a fool until I die.

Healing Gems and Gregg Garvey opened. Healing Gems had a calypso sound going for them. Their set was a jam session in front of a chill audience. When the guitarist had some sound problems, his band mates took time out to drink some IPA. Gregg Garvey set was earnest. His lyrics, "So here we are, all we know presently." The stage lights played with the lite spurts of fog from the fog machine through the set.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: