Saturday, October 4, 2014

Restaurant Review: Dharma in Capitola, CA

Dharma.  When I hear the word Dharma, I think Lost.

Anyways, as can be seen via my blog, I am not around Los Angeles all that much at the moment.  I am off in Santa Cruz.

Dharma Restaurant is actually in Capitola, which is just south of Santa Cruz.  I've gone to Dharma twice.

I have to say I am not overly impressed.  Once, I got the Mexican Saute.  The next time I went with the Bo Thai.  Neither time did I leave impressed.  I'm not saying it is awful.  I don't believe that if you go to Dharma that you'll find yourself upset that you spent your money there.  I just don't think you'll be giving this place a 4 or 5 star ranking though you will walk away with the sense that you've consumed your daily protein and vitamin needs.

Note:  There are no waiters.  You order at the counter and your name is called when the meal is ready.  You are also expected to put up your own dishes, silverware, cups and such after you've finished.  So in a sense it is like your college cafeteria.

I am still in Santa Cruz for another month or so.  Will I be going back?  Maybe once more to give it another try and see if my opinion has changed.


No comments: