Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Child at El Cid

It was off to El Cid to catch The Child. Along the way, I ran into my friend Jodie, from The Shakers.  Hey, this was going to be a good night.

Interestingly, this was my third weekday night out last week (Monday at Bootleg, Wednesday at The Roxy).  I blog on music, but I do try to limit how many times I go out each week.  It isn't exactly easy to head off to bed after midnight and then go to work the next day.  And on this topic, I had two different conversations with friends where I said that I have recently tried to limit my weekday outings to only once or twice a week.  Of course, this past week was so filled with solid bands that I had to break that self-limiting pledge. 

The Child had a solid crowd at El Cid and responded with a solid set though folks tended to stay away from the front of the stage even though both Lauren and Holly asked for folks to come closer.   I don't know what's up with their friends.

Maybe I'm making this up, but does the individual in the below photo (Holly) look just a tad like Keira Knightley?


No comments: