Saturday, March 10, 2012

Eastern Conference Champions and Voxhaul Broadcast at The Satellite

The first band up for me was Eastern Conference Champions. They started off their set with a song that one would have to consider mellow for them. You just had this sense that it would explode on you at some point. And it did when the drummer went wild for moment, but then the song dropped back down a notch. I’m definitely interested in hearing this song again. From that point onwards, I can think of only one word to explain their set: intense. You could see it in their eyes.

Comment of the night: We'd like to thank Voxhaul Broadcast, the second most attractive band in Los Angeles.

Voxhaul Broadcast is the residency band at The Satellite. I haven’t seen these guys since I believe the 2010 Make Music Pasadena. It hasn’t been on purpose. For example, they played Bloomfest 2011, but a friend of mind was involved in a play and so I rushed off just before they hit the stage. As has been the norm for the last couple months, The Satellite was packed. And to prove how much folks loved Voxhaul Broadcast, one fellow yelled out that he wanted to have a baby with one of the band members (of course, they’re an all male band, so a fun joke all around). Now when you haven’t seen a band in over a year, your memory of the band fades just a tad. Maybe they’ve always had this same sound, but for me it definitely felt like their sound has shifted towards a dance-inspired groove. Or maybe I felt this way, because all around me folks were dancing like crazy.

Eastern Conference Champions




Voxhaul Broadcast

No comments: