Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Santa Anita Park: 2012

Santa Anita.  I have to say I had some success at the track this past Sunday, January 1st.  You have to say that when you win a trifecta.  This happened in the 5th race when Rumor, Saint Isabelle and Big Tiz came in win, place and show.  I almost got lucky in the 3rd, put Muny, Macias and My Summer Slew didn't cooperate with each other.  I am not a big better so we're not talking about hundreds of dollars here, but I had a winning bet in 6 of the 8 races.  Not bad.  My strategy:  I looked at the recommendations along with the record of the horse, but towards the end I think I mainly focused in on the jockey.  For example, at one point in time, Miss Mittagong was at 12-1; however, I noted that the jockey was Joel Rosario.  Well, 12-1 would seem that it was unlikely this horse would win the race, but I decided to make the best that it would show and show it did.  The strategy worked this time around, but I'm sure the next time around it won't.  Actually, excluding the 5th race, I came in just slightly negative for the day.






No comments: