Friday, June 17, 2011

Races, Californian and Black Flamingo at The Satellite

It was off to The Satellite to catch Races, Californian and Black Flamingo.

So I got there just in time to catch Races. I saw them a few weeks back at Silver Lake Jubilee. What was memorable this time around was seeing one of their friends show up about midway through their set. She had the biggest smile throughout. It just added a wonderful touch and actually got me more into their music.

Californian was up next.  They're the residency band for June.  (Next week, I'm hoping to head over to Bootleg to catch another residency band.)  At this point in time, my friend showed up from catching a Dodgers game.  This was her favorite band of the night (she caught just a bit of Races and Black Flamingo.)

Comment of the night (Californian):  I didn't want you to have it anyways, you're an asshole.  (Playful banter.)

To end the night, I stayed for a trio of Black Flamingo songs.  This is also a band that I saw at Silver Lake Jubilee.  I would have stayed for the full set if it wasn't for the fact that midnight was behind me and work was in front of me.  My friend called them ethereal angels.  That sounds good to me.

Races









Californian







Black Flamingo








No comments: