Sunday, February 10, 2008

Two Cafes, Two Individuals

Saturday, I and a trio of friends ended up at Griffith Park's Trails Cafe for lunch. I decided to order the avocado sandwich. The order taker told me that the avocados were as hard as rocks. Okay, I switched over to the three bean dish. What caught my attention was the rather rude attitude of the order taker. I almost felt like she sneered at me.

To end the evening, we all ended up at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. We were waiting in line when two young guys pushed their way pass us. One slammed the counter, "Where's my order?" The order taker replied, "It's right over there on the counter." The guy mumbled something. The order taker gave the guy an irritated look and then turned to me. She gave me a smile and asked, "What would you like to order?"

One individual left me feeling like I was bothering her, while the other made me feel special.

Notes from Vivace

No comments: