Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Highland Park Bowl: The Walks of Life, Nightjacket, Kiwicha

There were two reasons I went over to Highland Park Bowl this past Friday night: The Walks of Life and Nightjacket.

The Walks of Life is a band I've followed for a few years now. I love their folk sounds. It might be folk, but they bring the energy every time I've seen them.

The Walks of Life

As for Nightjacket, this is one of the bands I came across during the pandemic, watching online sets. They really intrigued me, especially their song "Lonely Archer." I just love how the guitar starts the song with that Family of the Year vibe. The vocals for that song are so tenderly perfect, as well. The set opened up with that song, which thrilled me. 

Nightjacket

Kiwicha is a band from Chicago. They have an ethereal sound that is gently crafted by this two piece band. Their one desire in their trip through Los Angeles, a good suggestion for a sushi bar.


Kiwicha

No comments: