Thursday, August 8, 2019

Lucky Strike Live: The Puscie Jones Revue and The Things

I got an invite to catch The Puscie Jones Revue at Lucky Strike Live. I had heard of the band, but never seen them before. I also had never been to Lucky Strike Live, which is at the Hollywood and Highland complex.

I figured this would be a nice adventure. And it sure was. I have to say for a music venue, which is more of a bowling alley, they put a lot of effort into having good stage lights. It was awesome. Now for the Puscie Jones Revnue, that was one flamboyant show. There were three costume changes. Maybe more. The music was funk and the action on stage was non-stop (well, except when there were intermissions for costume changes, but even then the music continued).

The Puscie Jones Revue
Opening up the night was The Thing. They rocked it and rolled it. This band loves to riff. Their last song was perhaps 20 minutes long as they highlighted their driving sounds.

The Thing

No comments: