Monday, August 5, 2019

Hot Shot Mufflers: Lune Rose, Xoller and Oddnesse

This was largely a night of firsts. This was my first time ever at an event space called Hot Shot Mufflers. I was told that it used to be a muffler shop that is now an event space. I have to say the those who transformed the spot did a good job at it.

This was my first time also seeing Lune Rose. Now I am familiar with Lune Rose as she used to play keys with Night Talks. She left Night Talks a couple years back, but she's still involved in the music scene with her singer-songwriter music. There's a quiet tenderness to her music, but don't let that think that Lune isn't a competitive person. As her set was ending, she challenged folks in the crowd to a game of ping pong.

Lune Rose
Xoller was another first for me and a first for her, as well. This was her first set ever. It was a solid first set. She looked comfortable both with her vocals and stage presence. Impressive.

Xoller
Oddnesse closed out the night. I've seen Oddnesse a couple times prior. One has to love those folk Americana tunes. The crowd demanded an encore and the band provided one.

Oddnesse

No comments: