Friday, November 16, 2018

El Cid: Kate Faust, Uruguay, Bogan Via, Oak Palace

Wild Riot had an event going on at El Cid. I used to hang out at El Cid a lot back in the Kiss or Kill days, but I do believe the last time I was at El Cid was way back in 2015. That was just crazy. I took the opportunity to catch some bands associated with Wild Riot.

Oak Palace opened the afternoon. They're a band from San Diego. They had some wonderfully intricate music.

Oak Palace
Bogan Via had some computer issues that cut their set short. There was some frustration about the situation, but one they worked things out, they put out some cool electronic tunes.

Bogan Via
Uruguay was the band I was most interested in catching. I had missed their set at one of the Summer Sessions put on by Wild Riot. For their set, folks took to the seats that were set up around tables (El Cid also serves dinner) and enjoyed the duo's haunting vocal style.

Uruguay
Kate Faust finished up the day for me. Love her vocals. You just fall in love with her singing.

Kate Faust


No comments: