Thursday, June 28, 2018

The Whisky A Go Go: Royal Distortion, Vigil of War, earthsleep and Blue Silk

My occasional venture out to the Sunset Strip was driven by, who else, Royal Distortion (members of Barb Wire Dolls).

Blue Silk opened the night with some jazzy tunes. Compared to the other bands, it felt like they were playing with the sound turned down by half. The band even admitted as much when they said they were opening things up on a quiet note. Turned down or not, they set the good vibes going.

Blue Silk

earthsleep followed. For some reason, I felt they changed their sound up a bit. I'm used to hearing lead singer, Cindy, screaming her lungs out. This time out, I swear she controlled her vocals more. It all worked out.
earthsleep

This was my second time seeing Vigil of War. I love how this band has the confidence to use the full stage. Lead singer Alicia doesn't hide behind the microphone all set long. She moves around that stage like she owns it.

Vigil of War

Okay, so this is only my second time seeing Royal Distortion, but I'm a long time fan of Barb Wire Dolls.  So much charisma on stage.

Royal Distortion

No comments: