Thursday, June 21, 2018

The Satellite: A Darker Bright, Super Space Nation, HUNTR

I had no clue what to expect on this particular night. I just spent the prior week working some long hours so just felt like doing some Monday night photography.

What did I get? Some bands that put some stage energy into their music.

For A Darker Bright, I imagined that the band was made up of musicians who either surf, play beach volleyball or live on the beach to soak up the sun. And I imagined that they just happened to run into each other randomly at a beach bar in the OC and decided then and there to form a band.

A Darker Bright
Super Space Nation started with a poem that actually jump started their set. I swear that I was expecting them to breakout and cover Top Gun's/Kenny Loggin's Danger Zone. What I noticed: the drummer acted part conductor throughout the set.

Super Space Nation
HUNTR brought the lights and hip-hop to close out the night. And there were some moments of hardcore drum beating.

HUNTR

No comments: