Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Stonefield with Warbly Jets and Kate Clover at the Bootleg Theater

It was off to see Stonefield for my final time during their residency. Hopefully, I get to catch them again.

Up first was Kate Clover. She was dressed in a suit with a pencil sharp tie. I swear I was thinking The Pretenders. She rocked the Bootleg, throwing her hair this way and that with a sound that pumped up the heart. It was so cool seeing her on stage again. I like to joke with her that she plays 15 minute sets. This time around, I figure it was 27 minutes.

Kate Clover
The lineup was switched up with Stonefield doing their set at 10 p.m. versus residency band standard time of 11 p.m. What can I say, this band brings the metal. What was so funny was that during the last two times I went to the Bootleg to see them, I was on stage right. The keyboardist was always on stage left. So this time I decided to stand over on stage left to get some photos of the keyboardist. Yet, for some strange reason, she set up on stage right. Ugh. (Yeah, another switch.) I was talking to another photographer who said she'd taken a spot on stage left for the exact same reason.

Stonefield
Warbly Jets closed out the night. I hadn't seen them in over a year. I saw them twice during their January 2017 residency over at The Satellite. What was so amusing: before the music started, I was talking to someone. I was told that he'd stay for Stonefield, because he'd talked to Stonefield and they were sweet to him. He didn't plan to stay for Warbly Jets, because they weren't nice to him when he went up to talk to them. And so what happens within seconds of Warbly Jets' setting up their gear on stage? The keyboardist looks at me and says in a cool voice, "Hello." If the person I talked to actually left the venue before Warbly Jets, he missed a stylish stage performance.

Warbly Jets

No comments: