Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Holy Wars with Night Talks and New Language at The Hi Hat

I've seen Night Talks a number of times. What stood out about this night? Well, something very interesting happened -- at least, for me. Night Talks brings the pop genre whenever they play their sets. They bring it and sell it each time. After Night Talks finished up, New Language started to bring their gear on stage. It was obvious that they weren't going to bring a pop sound. I was assuming they were going to be a rock or post-punk band. Nope. They brought the metal full on. It was like this total shock going from Night Talks to New Language. Yes, a shock, but totally an awesome surprise.

I first saw Holy Wars at Harvard and Stone in early June. I knew I had to see this band again. Holy Wars started off with their lead singer greeting all the photographers that lined the stage. There must have been eight of us. I obviously am not the only photographer blown away by this band. Their music was interspersed with personal stories about a handful of the songs. It was awesome learning the inspiration behind the lyrics.


Holy Wars Hi hat

No comments: