Saturday, December 31, 2016

Top 10 "New" Los Angeles bands of 2016

Here's my annual list of the Top 10 "new" bands I came across in 2016. I always use quotes as sometimes I'm late to the game and a band I'm listing might have been around for awhile.

#10: Sextile. This band will leave you in a trance.

#9: Alyeska. Teen angst to the maximum and you'll love them for it.

#8: Bloke and Bird. This band is from Sweden. Luckily, they're based out here in Los Angeles.

#7: Mondo Cozmo. They were a "surprise" guest at The Hi Hat. Former lead singer from Eastern Conference Champions. I'm so happy I saw this surprise appearance.

#6: Drinking Flowers. They glitter bombed my camera during their set. Oh well, I forgive big time.

#5: Beginners. High energy band that will get you jumping.

#4: Transviolet. I saw this band twice during their The Satellite residency. I don't usually see a band twice during their residency as I jump around to catch the various residency bands.

#3: Machineheart. Love this band. I know bigger bands like Warpaint were playing Music Tastes Good. And I love Warpaint, but I have to say that one reason I wanted to hit up Music Tastes Good was because of Machineheart.

#2: Starcrawler. Remember The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Those ultra-cool teenagers. Yep, that's Starcrawler.

#1: Cellars. This band got into my head. Amazing set. I can't wait to catch them again.


No comments: