Sunday, December 18, 2016

ExSage with Blood Red Shoes, Bones and Twin Temple at the Bootleg Theather

A little late for the post, but then I had some computer issues.

The first two bands, Blood Red Shoes and Bones came in from the UK. Wow. Both bands kicked it. I loved how the drummer for Blood Red Shoes was right up front at the stage edge. This two piece band has a high pitch sound that is as fast as a rocket. One thing I did was wait for the drummer to break one of his sticks. Close, but didn't happen. Bones went all out with the girl power punk. They had no trouble taking total control of the stage. Simply wonderful. Buzzbands wondered why they didn't just move to Los Angeles.

ExSage is the December residency band. They use a whole lot of stage fog. So much that those in the audience couldn't even see a foot in front of me. At one point, I wanted to go to the other end of the stage to take photos. I stayed put. I was worried I might bump into someone.

Twin Temple makes you think that they're a death punk band. They dress in black. The lead singer wears a black veil. Nope. I'd say they have a mellow soul sound -- maybe a touch of goth.

Bootleg Dec 16

No comments: