Thursday, October 13, 2016

Spare Parts for Broken Hearts and Dead Dawn at The Satellite

Spare Parts for Broken Hearts
I got an invite to catch Spare Parts for Broken Hearts at The Satellite. I was more than willing to accept. I've followed this band from afar for awhile. Unfortunately, they've played mostly in Long Beach. What's my connection to this band? One of the members of the band is Laurita, who used to play in a band that I justed loved back in the day, The Randies. How does Spare Parts for Broken Hearts sound? Oh so good with pounding rock and an entertaining stage show.

Dead Dawn was the headliner band. They sounded like death. I mean that in a good way. The band has a lead singer who goes for the punk rock sex appeal while controlling the stage with her charisma. Her band mate stands back with coolness. It makes for a wonderful contrast.


Spare Parts

No comments: