Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Scout Willis at Bootleg and Psychic Love/Mondo Cozmo at the Hi Hat

Mondo Cozmo
I don't often do this: head to a couple venues on the same night. This was one of those rare nights. First up was the Bootleg Theater. It was a Scout Willis night. This was my second time catching her set. And both nights were free. I doubt there will be very many additional free nights. The venue was packed for her set. In some ways, it felt like a camp fire set as a row of family and friends sat on the floor.

Then it was off to the Hi Hat to catch Psychic Love and Mondo Cozmo. This was my second time catching Psychic Love. I loved how the stage lights played across the faces of the band members. And the lead singer's stage motions made it all the more entertaining. Then came Mondo Cozmo. Oh my. The lead singer of Mondo Cozmo is the former lead singer of Eastern Conference Champions. Someone came up to me during the set and asked, "Do you know who this band is?" I didn't have a clue at the time -- they were a surprised guest for the night. On the other hand, I knew the lead singer was former Eastern Conference Champions. Oh yeah, a new favorite band.

Bootleg/Hi Hat Oct 2016

No comments: