Thursday, September 22, 2016

Lael Neale and Weyes Blood at the Resident

Lael Neale
I finally made it to the Resident. I've seen photos from other photographers, but never made it down there myself until this past Thursday. I got to see Lael Neale and Weyes Blood.

Seeing both artists made me think of my vacation in Iceland. When I was in Iceland, there was a singer-songwriter music festival. It was a pleasant surprise. That's how I felt tonight. Lael had some great lyrics. "I want to know your grace." "I need proof that I live, but I don't want to give up my freedom." "If you become my lover, I'll never look back."

Weyes Blood has deep vocals backed by beautiful guitar rifts. And she likes to stick out her tongue on occasion. She reminded me of Jenny O. Her comment of the set, "I have two more songs, but they're each seven minutes long." What I noticed: She used cassette tapes to back her up.

Weyes Blood

No comments: