Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Knox Hamilton and Hawai at the Bootleg Theater

Knox Hamilton
I have this tradition of going out on Monday nights. So on the last Monday of August, I'd seen all the residency bands, but still wanted to head out. I noticed that the Bootleg Theater had a Monday night event going on -- the last night of their residency had happened the prior Monday. I decided to head out. What a joy.

I overheard the sound guy at the Bootleg say that it was an industry night for Knox Hamilton. I don't know if this was truth or rumor. Anyway, Knox Hamilton killed it. Four guys from Arkansas who just play solid rock.

Opening up for them was local band Hawai. Their sound was a near match for Caribbean jazz. With soft vocals, this band had the crowd wrapped around their fingers.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: