Sunday, June 12, 2016

Franky Flowers and King Shelter at The Echo

Franky Flowers
This was the second time I've seen Franky Flowers. I first saw them when they did a set with The Fontaines at The Silverlake Lounge. I couldn't help but notice their running shoes matched with dockers. And then there was also my fascination with how the lead singer used his foot pedals. The band ended their set with a symphonic sound, which was probably limited by the fact that there was a broken guitar string, but how better to end a set then to show that you gave it your all on the guitar?

King Shelter opened up for Franky Flowers. This band jumped around stage so much that they got their guitar cords all tangled up. They also had the quote of the set, "This song is about my observations of Southern California after moving out here from Fort Lauderdale, pretty weird.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: