Saturday, December 5, 2015

Duke Basketball vs Buffalo: 82 - 59

I didn't get to see much of the Indiana game, but this one appeared to be a tougher game. Yes, Duke won by more against Buffalo, but it felt to me that Buffalo didn't back down.

Duke didn't appear to get many open looks from 3-point land, which perhaps made it feel like Duke didn't really get any offensive runs. Instead, Duke just steadily pulled away from Buffalo.

What did I notice:

One would have to say that Brandon Ingram is getting a handle on the college game. He was on the court for 38 minutes and scored the game high 23. He was also a monster on the defensive end.

Grayson Allen looked to have an off night even though he scored 22. Half those points were earned at the free throw line. On the offensive side, a lot of his passes were off the mark or Buffalo players deflected his passes.

I loved the two Marshall Plumlee to Amile Jefferson plays that were exactly the same and resulted in scores by Jefferson.

I really hope Chase Jeter follows in Brandon Ingram's shoes and starts earning some game time. He looked lost during his brief time in the game. I personally like to see 8 man rotations.


No comments: