Tuesday, November 10, 2015

White Sea and Alohaha at Bootleg Theater

White Sea
I was feeling a touch under the weather so I skipped my ritual of heading out on a Monday night. I replaced it with a Wednesday night. I think it was worth it. It was a White Sea residency night. Opening the night was Alohaha. This band has 2 steel guitars and a sound inspired by Pacific Ocean waves hitting the shores of Hawaii. If I follow Alohaha's Facebook properly, a member of the band was missing and Morgan Kibby from White Sea did double duty for the night.

White Sea is all about Morgan Kibby's amazing vocals. Wow. She opens her shows showing off her vocals and just keeps on going. Dressed in kimono-inspired fashion, Morgan held the audience under her spell.

What was noticed: she had some problems with one of her high heels so she eventually kicked her heels off and did the rest of her set bare-footed. While taking a rest from my photography, I couldn't help but notice how she tapped her left toes to keep time.


Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com

No comments: