Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Duke Basketball vs Georgetown: 86 - 84

My first viewing of a Duke basketball game of the 2015-2016 season. To me, this was the freshman don't really matter game. Yes, Thornton had 14 points, but 8 of those points came at the free throw line -- with 6 of those free throws in the last minute.

This game was all about Grayson Allen, which is good and bad. Good, because it was fun watching him score 32 points. Bad, because Duke needs more balanced scoring.

I've heard about how Marshall Plumlee has significantly improved over last year. I agree. He did foul out, but it just appeared to me that he was under control during the game. If Chase Jeter can improve his game, I think Marshall Plumlee could bang bodies for a solid 20 minutes a game.

Amile Jefferson had his normal dominate game on the boards.

As for the freshman, Brandon Ingram, Luke Kennard and Chase Jeter are still growing into their roles. If Luke Kennard and Brandon Ingram can start getting their shots to drop, Duke will be unstoppable on offense.

No comments: