Saturday, July 18, 2015

It is July and raining in Los Angeles

Saturday morning and time to exercise. So out I went on my normal walking route. I figured I should head out early before the summer heat hit. I wasn't more than five minutes out when the first sprinkles started to hit. I didn't think much of it. Then it started to downpour. Hmm, maybe I should head back? But then, how long can this possibly last? I kept pushing and eventually the rain came to an end. Good decision, I figured. Then as I was on my homestretch, the clouds opened up again. And not only that, but thunders roared and lightnings started to strike in quick rapid order. I found myself feeling like a kid, playing in the rain. But then in the back of my mind I was also thinking that I should get indoors as soon as possible, because who wants to get struck by lightning?At the park I walk through on my way home, I noticed that a birthday party was being set up. I felt bad for the kid. 


No comments: