Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Santa Anita Park -- Sunday, November 3rd


So maybe I have a gambling problem, going to the track on both Saturday/Sunday for two weekends straight.

At least for this day, I came up big -- making up for my losses at the Breeders' Cup.

I hit two exactas.  How about that!

I could have even made more money if I'd gone aggressive and added some additional bets.  I could have hit a daily double, trifecta and that ever so rare superfecta.

Was luck on my side?  Well, I did do a lot of homework, but I have to admit some of it was luck.

Perfect example was the 10th Race.  I did my handicapping and came up with Trando's Tremor as my lead horse.  The odds on the horse were around 26-1 at one point.  I couldn't figure it out.  This horse looked good to me, but I decided to go with a show bet.  I figured why go for the win.  If the horse came in show, I'd still do well.  After making my bet, I read the notes in the Daily Racing Form:  The extended layoff is a valid concern; he has some work to do to match top kin and over $120K earner Itssultryinthecape; legged up at Los Al, would need to see a race.

I was like:  oops.  One of my things is that I don't like to bet on horses that have had long layoffs.  I had totally over-looked this fact while putting together my handicapping.  Well, the horse did show and I won money.  Sometimes betting is all luck and zero talent.

No comments: