Saturday, November 2, 2013

Santa Anita Park: Saturday Oct 26


It was a break even day at Santa Anita Park on Saturday.  The first two races started out okay and then I went on a four race losing streak before turning it around towards the end of the day.

I've switched my betting habits to make it more conservative.  For a couple days at Santa Anita earlier this year, I started doing bets on daily doubles, which was an unmitigated failure.  Of course, I'm still betting the exactas and didn't win any of them.  If I dropped the exactas, I would have ended up pretty well on this day at the track.  

The six race was a crazy one.  The horses immediately banged into each other at the start.  Within a short distance, #1 veered into #2 who then veered into #3.  And #5 took the blunt of it and the jockey, Valdivia, was tossed.  Since Valdivia raced the next day, he survived just fine, which makes this race somewhat amusing.  Horse #5 (Oh Brother Go) kept on racing.  None of the jockeys wanted to pass the horse.  As they came down the final stretch, folks either started to cheer or laugh as #5 continued to take the lead and eventually "won" the race.  I'm sure this is one race where handicappers need to just toss out of the books. 

No comments: